This specification applies to single and three phase, fully deadfront,
sectionalizing pedestals; with maximum rating of 600 amps continuous
current and 35KV nominal voltage. For use with industry standard
deadfront junction modules and elbows conforming to ANSI/IEEE 386.
Unit shall be designed for burial withthe junction modules mounted
above the ground line. Pedestals shall be in complete conformance
with ANSI C57.12.28, Pad-mounted Equipment Enclosure Integrity Standard.
- Fiberglass laminate shall be 3/16" nominal thickness except
where local reinforcement is required.
- Fiberglass shall not support combustion and be self extinguishing
- Pedestal exterior shall be gelcoated to .014 inch nominal thichness
and be manufactuer's standard willow (or munsell) green color.
- Locking device shall provide both a captive penta head bolt
and padlocking provisions.
- All interior and exterior hardware, along with junction mounting
assemblies, shall be made of 304 stainless steel or 6061-t6 aluminum.
Parking clips shall be made of 14 GA SS minimum.
- A stainless steel identification plate shall be affixed inside
the pedestal which identifies the manufacturer, model number of
the equipment, and date of manfacture.
- Access top shall have two solid SS slip joint hinges for rigid
support and to allow easy field disassembly shall 1/4" minimum.
- Top shall be supported by 3/16" x 3/4" SS support
bars which secure the top in the open position against accidental
closing. The latch action shall be automatic and require a simple
pulling action to disengage.
- There shall be (1) transformer type ground lug on the mounting
bar which will accommodate thru a 2.0 ground wire.
3.0 TESTING & STANDARDS
- The pedestal assembly shall be able to withstand a 400 pound
pull on any bushing out along its axis without damage or distortion.
- Certified test data for the structural standards of finished
laminate shall be made available upon request.
- The pedestal shall meet or exceed ANSI C57.12.28, Pad-mounted
Equipment Enclosure Integrity Standard.